Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tag

Many of my answers are probably going to be like Mindy's but some will be different.

Christmas Tag

1.Do you like Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? I LOVE both! They just don't love me!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Since I was Santa for the last 30 years, I tried to wrap all of them unless they were too big and then a bow. (Oh, I hope I didn't just disillusion you girls!) Mom was Santa, not old Saint Nick!

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? I love colored!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No -don't need to. Mother nature does that for us. For the last few years we have gone to California and big bunches of mistletoe hangs down from the trees, so when we drive under them I get kissed!

5. When do you put up your decorations? I used to like to do it after Thanksgiving, but since living here I haven't really put any up. When we moved I threw away my old dilapitated tree and decorations. Last year I tried to put up a few lights. Christmas is for children and it just seems like a lot of work when I wasn't going to be here for Christmas. This year may be different though, maybe Davids daughter will come and visit us for Christmas and so I will put up some decorations

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Aunt Maries Frog eye salad and her apple crisp.

7. What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood? I loved to make homemade gifts for all of my family and my neices and nephews. I got such a wonderful feeling as I was making doll blankets or some other gift for them. When I was grown with my own children I felt the same way. I loved to make things for them that I thought they would be excited about. It brought me such joy to think of how excited and surprised they would be when they got my gift. I miss my frame shop though, because I did alot of nice gifts with the tools.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? Growing up no, because there wasn't very many, and no now.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? What tree?

.10. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love the look, hate the cold and driving in it, so Arizona is great for that reason.

11. Do you remember your favorite gift? My dad would buy us girls some sort of piece of jewelry. I looked forward to that the most. Most of the gifts growing up were bras and underpants and socks. I do remember when I was a teenager my mom bought me a hair blow dryer, I thought it was so neat because it wasn't a bra or undies. I was pretty excited about the zoom lens that David bought for me for Christmas a couple of years ago!

12. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? My family. Making gifts for my children and grandchildren also for my parents. The music. I love Christmas music. I miss being around my family at Christmas. Not only my children and grandchildren, but my own mom and dad and family.

13. What is your favorite hoilday dessert? I love pomagrantes for Christmas and mandarin organes. When I was little the only time my parents could get these really wonderful mandarin oranges, (They would call them jap oranges) was at christmas time. That was a real treat.

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just being with my family.

15. What tops your tree? When I have one, it is an angel

16. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I like to see the joy in someones eyes when I have given them a gift that they love. But I like to recieve because it feels like someone loves me when I am given a gift that was given with love.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Cantabell carols? It that the name?

18. Candy canes? I like the spearmint ones. .

19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Yes.

20. Favorite Christmas movie? Do I have to pick? There are so many fun ones!

21. Can you ice skate? When I was four I could, but now no! I wouldn't even want to try, I would probably kill myself!

I have no idea who to tag because I figure just my daughters read this. If Marie or Heather my niece or Kareena or Andrea read this, then I guess that I tag them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I loved reading about your memories. I think we all enjoy Christmas time because of the memories. I really feel bad when friends and family have bad memories during the Christmas holiday. Thanks for sharing.