Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kiddy Pool Gardens

So we are starting to prepare our gardens for the spring. We are trying a new experiment. Our other garden worked really well, but just isn't enough space for all that we want to plant and so we are trying something new. We call it our "Kiddie Pool" experiment. We bought four kiddie pools and filled them with mulch and compost, old chopped tree bark, leaves etc.. Here you see David is preparing the beds. We will be planting in the next couple of days and see what comes. I will be sprinkling it with cayenne because we have neighborhood cats that love to use our garden areas for their glorified litter box... I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!! So we give them a hot foot and bottom to think about. Stops them from using our gardens!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I stumbled across your blogs and was enchanted with the hummingbird story. So special. :) Then I saw this post about the pools used for a garden! I also live in Arizona and have been wanting a garden for a very long time but didn't know exactly how to go about it. I was wondering if you could let me know how your pool idea worked out. Perhaps I can give it a try this coming spring. :) emilykfd@yahoo.com
:) Have a magical day! :)